ESRIUC 2017 is now in the books and the planning and preparation for UC 2018 is now well underway! We always enjoy hearing some numbers and figures being mentioned at and around UC. The following, with much thanks to the great resource at geonet, are some of the interesting UC Facts and Stats that were overhead during the week.
ESRIUC numbers of interest (thanks Geonet)
- 17,980 UC attendees
- 2,000 Esri Staff in attendance
- 136 countries
- 326 Exhibitors
- 400+ students
- 900+ Young Professionals
- 37 Plenary speakers
- 314 Technical workshops
- 133 Special Interest Groups
- 407 Demo Theaters
- 290 Paper Sessions
- 900 Maps (Map Gallery)
- 703 runners (Esri 5K)
- 90,950 buttons (Did you get your first-edition UC GeoNet button?)
- Many Lifelong learners!
ESRIUC, Esri Product, and technology numbers
- 10.5 – At ArcGIS 10.5 the release helps orgs glean insight from enterprise data, big data, and the Internet of Things and share that insight in intuitive ways
- 3D – New realistic 3D symbols have been added to ArcGIS Online
- 10.5.1 – Cascade is included in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 portalCascade is included in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 portal
- 130 – Esri World Geocoding delivers street-level geocoding for over 130 countries
- 25 – new World geocoder supported countries – the latest update to the World Geocoding service gives users access to 25 additional countries, including Cuba, Bangladesh, and Libya.
- 2.0 – Insights release… Insights for ArcGIS 2.0 has added support for Oracle databases and much more!
- 2.2 – A new Survey123 update across all supported platforms is now available – version 2.2 – Read more HERE
- 2 Years! Version 2.0 of AppStudio for ArcGIS is now available, according to Esri, the biggest update in 2 years! Read more about V 2.2
- 2 way engagement! The new ArcGIS Hub is a two way engagement platform to connect government and citizens
- 1.4 – At R 1.4 ArcGIS Pro has many updates including enhancements to mapping and visualization, geoprocessing, georeferencing, animations, charts, 3D analysis, portal analysis and much more
- 1.2 – ArcGIS API for Python V. 1.2 – Since its official debut in winter 2016, the ArcGIS API for Python has been a huge hit. The API caters to a wide spectrum of ArcGIS users ranging from GIS administrators, DevOps, content publishers, GIS analysts, data scientists, developers
- $143 Billion – the estimated market value of the AR & VR industry in 2020!
ESRIUC Future Dates
- July 9-13, 2018
- July 8-12, 2019
- July 13-17, 2020
- July 12-16, 2021
- July 11-15, 2022
GEO Jobe by the numbers
- 75 #MapThis T-shirts passed out to some lucky geo jobe app users and customers
- 32 geo jobe clients, partners and customers dropping into the GEO Jobe #MapThis happy hour social
- 10.1.13 – The latest update to Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online
- 60+ Tools available to ArcGIS pros and admins who are using the popular Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online to help make their job easier.
- 4,000 – There’s over 4,000 ArcGIS Online orgs taking advantage of Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online
- 500 – The very popular Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online (PRO) is just $500 per year per license… wow!
- 0 – Admin Tools (free) costs you $0 and brings 50 tools to your fingertips!
For more fine ESRIUC summary reading be sure to check out:
- Geonet, Day 5 wrap up summary
- ESRIUC backstage summary from DeepSeaDawn
- ESRI Blog
- what’s new in arcgis Pro
- ESRIUC home
- What is ArcGIS Pro? Pro at ESRIUC, and 10 ArcGIS Pro Migration Tips
- Roundup of Recent Updates to ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Technology to be Showcased at ESRIUC
- Getting Started With ArcGIS Enterprise Builder
— Esri Training (@EsriTraining) July 19, 2017