Imagine yourself walking in each morning to a group of friends who are glad to see you, as well as you them. Communication is free-flowing and your voice and opinions are taken into consideration and not disregarded. A shared passion for moving geo-spatial technology forward permeates the environment. This is GEO Jobe. GEO Jobe’s continual goal is to expand and advance the use of geo-spatial technology for the benefit of those around the globe. We are always seeking the best, brightest, and most passionate in the geo-spatial technology industry to join our team. We invite you to look around our site to get a better understanding of our passion and how you can become a part of it.
“When ideas are heard and communication is open, team growth and goal achievement naturally follow. Bringing someone onto our team isn’t a one-way street where we just expect a person to work for us. GEO Jobe, as a company, is just as responsible for the growth and development of our employees, it works both ways. I invite all who have a passion for geo-spatial technology to apply when we have positions available.” – Neill Jobe, Founder / CEO, GEO Jobe
Jr. Solution Engineer
Job Title | Salary | Location
Jr. Solution Engineer | Based on Experience | Nashville, TN
GEO Jobe is looking for a Jr. Solution Engineer. This individual will be expected to contribute to our existing team of
engineers and architects to assist in configuring, managing and implementing enterprise-grade Web GIS systems.
This is a junior position and growth of experience while in the position is expected.
Extensive focus will be placed on:
- Implementing, configuring and administering on-premises Web GIS systems for clients.
- Administering an enterprise GIS managed services environment (GEOPowered Cloud) used by over 100
clients around the world.
- Configurations of ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS and their various COTS client applications (Collector for
ArcGIS, Explorer for ArcGIS, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, etc.).
- A passion for GIS and Technology
- Rock Solid Work Ethic
- 4 Year Degree in Computer Science, Geography or a Related Field (Experience Could be Considered in Place)
- Advanced Understanding of ArcGIS Desktop
Really Nice Extras
- Understanding of ArcGIS Online / Portal for ArcGIS
- Understanding of ArcGIS for Server
- Experience with Database Management & Writing SQL Queries (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Understanding of SDE geodatabase
- Experience with of Python Scripting Against the ArcGIS Platform
- Understanding of Systems Administration (Windows) / Networking Principles (Ports, Firewalls, etc.)
We are looking for someone who can honestly meet the minimum requirements. Any of the “really nice extras” are
just that, really nice extras! If you meet our requirements and believe you have what it takes, we welcome you to
contact us including a cover letter, resume, and optionally a portfolio of work.
Note to Foreign Applicants – U.S. citizen or authorized employment clearance is required. Sorry, but we will not petition for a Visa on your behalf.