ArcGIS Pro is the future for Esri and for the ArcGIS roadmap. Therefore, you really can’t go wrong in advancing your skills and Geodev capabilities by learning more about ArcGIS Pro. For the developer or would-be developer that means learning about custom development tools and resources, like the ArcGIS Pro SDK.
Recall, the ArcGIS Pro SDK (for Microsoft .NET) enables developers to build add-ins and other configurations that support further customization of the Pro UI and user experience. At the 2018 DevSummit there were a number of ArcGIS Pro technical sessions and they have all been archived and made available to all. These sessions are a great way to get introduced to, and updated on, the latest SDK information and development patterns. The following are just several of the sessions, along with links to supporting slides:
- Beginning Pro Customization and Extensibility – Learn how to customize and extend ArcGIS Pro with its .NET SDK. Session slides
- ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Advanced Pro Customization – advanced customization patterns including custom project and application properties, command filtering. Session slides
- Advanced Editing and Edit Operations – This session focuses on use of Edit Operation and Edit events. Session slides
- ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Getting Started – get up and running quickly with the DevLabs Session slides
View the complete list of technical presentations HERE
Once you become a “Pro” with the SDK for Pro, you might consider building add-ins and making them available to all. Recently the ArcGIS Marketplace enabled the ability for organizations to market and distribute ArcGIS Pro add-ins and Web AppBuilder widgets directly from the Marketplace site. This new capability provides users with the ability to create informative product listings from which they deploy their products. Information about becoming an ArcGIS Marketplace provider can be found HERE. Partnerships are important to us at GEO Jobe and to our business. The Esri Partner Program ensures that we are on the cutting edge when it comes to technology. In addition to having support from Esri and access to software,resources, and community we are also building our own network, and partnering up with other Esri Partner companies. Perhaps we can partner or assist you in deploying your apps in the Marketplace. Read more a bout opportunities.
Extend ArcGIS Pro with ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET. ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET is based on the add-in and configurations extensibility pattern. Leverage modern .NET features and patterns such as Task Asynchronous Programming (TAP), LINQ, WPF Binding, and MVVM to write integrated 2D/3D add-ins using Pro’s new APIs. (Source: Wiki)
Want more? The Esri ArcGIS DevLabs can support your efforts to get started. Browse the labs to find hands-on lab exercises that walk you through a number of scenarios.
ArcGIS Pro SDK for Microsoft .NET is the new .NET SDK for the ArcGIS Pro Application. Esri has provided a supporting resource on GitHub
ArcGIS Pro SDK on Geonet – a great place to ask questions and connect with others
For a complete list of ArcGIS Pro SDK sessions presented at the 2018 DevSummit, including accompanying PPT slides, bookmark this ArcGIS blog by Christopher Zent
- Videos Help Users Learn ArcGIS Pro and Exploratory Analysis
- 10 Benefits of ArcGIS Pro – Have you Made the Switch Yet?
- Tips and Support for Switching Users to ArcGIS Pro
- Update to ArcGIS Runtime SDKs help Deploy Native Apps to Any Platform