The map is only as good as your data, and your data collection. For the EDU environment, survey 123 enables the users to collect data in the field, then analyze the results back in the classroom. The survey results are authored, published and shared via an ArcGIS Online org. account. Survey123 does enable open access for input, this means that anyone can respond to your survey should you share it online. The steps are simple: Design the survey, Acquire/Collect data, Explore and Analyze results, Act on the results. This video provides an excellent overview of the capabilities and also describes the differences between Survey123 and Collector for ArcGIS.
- Tree survey
- Park survey
- damage assessments
- Institution asset inventory
- any other inventory that is tied to a point location
Some key highlights of what you are able to do include:
- Ability to add different types of questions (single answer, multiple answer, file attachment, etc.)
- Ability to quickly configure a choice list or set of options for the user
- Addition of geopoints to the survey, so even though the survey is form driven, geospatial information can still be included in the data collected
- Ability to show/hide follow up questions based on the answers provided to previous questions
- Ability to validate data input and configure fields as required data
- Adding supporting images, videos, sound, and other resources to assist the user when collecting field data
Benefits of Survey 123:
- Data is saved automatically online
- Uses your device GPS
- Capture live videos and photos
- Students can collaborate
- Advanced logic (ie. drop down menus)
- Data captured in Survey123 for ArcGIS is immediately available in the ArcGIS Platform
Capture data anytime, anywhere with the Survey123 for ArcGIS app. It works on your smartphone, laptop, or desktop as a native app and also in your browser. Design Surveys that speed the collection process with predefined questions that use logic and provide easy-to-fill answers, embedded audio and images, and offer multiple languages.
Are you still wondering what you can do with Survey123 compared to Collector? See this blog on geonet
TIP – Organizations and users in the classroom or other EDU org using survey123 can also manage their users better and faster by adopting our Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online (manage users, data, and tools) and also organize their ArcGIS Online resources for sharing with Mapfolio for ArcGIS Online.