Learning ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online and other valuable GIS related technology has never been easier, thanks to a wealth of information and learning resources at our disposal. Case in point: This “Learn ArcGIS” online resource is just one of many learn at your own pace EDU offerings that the professional, student, or would-be GIS pro can take advantage of.
Learn ArcGIS is a selection of guided lessons, all based on real-world problems. Recently added lessons guide you through tasks and assignments that you can easily apply to your job including:
- setting up an ArcGIS enterprise portal
- getting your org started with ArcGIS Online
- getting started with Insights for ArcGIS
- and much more!
But don’t stop there! Esri also has many other educational offerings you can take advantage of. Note: educators are reminded that this year, along with ESRIUC, the 2018 Education Summit takes place July 7-10 in San Diego – the perfect opportunity to take your Geography and GIS teaching skills to the next level! Formerly the Esri Education GIS Conference, this event provides unique learning opportunities to help you and your institution maximize its investment in GIS. The summit is ideally suited to educators, administrators, researchers, and librarians.
So, what other Esri learning opportunities exist? These suggestions from Esri:
- Esri’s MOOC Program—This year we’re launching Cartography, a new massive open online course (MOOC) focused on authoring beautiful and effective information products in ArcGIS Pro. Register for the first offering of this course, which will run from April 18 to May 29, 2018.
- New GIS Capabilities and Products—Learn about new capabilities in ArcGIS technology, including interactive data exploration, distributed computing for big data, and real-time data streams.
- Esri’s Training Site—Find out about new learning resources that support GIS users of all ages and career stages. Hundreds of e-Learning and instructor-led resources provide interactive instruction and hands-on practice with ArcGIS apps. Discover web courses, videos, MOOCs, tutorials, educational story maps, popular teacher resources, and more.
- Esri’s Learn ArcGIS Site—Explore our updated guided lessons for solving real-world problems, using the latest software products and best practices.
- New Esri Press Titles—New materials will be available for your courses later this year, including Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop, Getting to Know Web GIS, and Introduction to Human Geography as well as updated editions of Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop and Getting to Know Web GIS, Third Edition.
- GeoInquiries for K–12 Teachers — We have created three new sets of GeoInquiries for educators in the following subjects: Math, American Literature, and World History.
Other resources to take advantage of:
- The GeoNet Community – follow this online community https://community.esri.com/
- Esri LinkedIn Groups – there’s many groups out there where you can get valuable tips
- Esri 360 Videos – http://www.esri.com/videos
- Esri Story Map Gallery – browse the gallery and get inspired with ideas for your next map
- Esri Github – a wealth of information for developers
- Recorded webinars
- Support for Esri developers
Education for ArcGIS Admins
We don’t need to remind you that our Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online, a TOP app for years in the ArcGIS Marketplace, is a very valuable resource for any ArcGIS Administrator. Users of the Tools and potential users are encouraged to take advantage of our Knowledge Base, an information portal developed to assist the Admin Tools user. Not using the Tools yet? You can get started immediately for free by provisioning Admin Tools HERE
Finally, we also have many informative and educational GIS topic videos on our YouTube – enjoy!
- Tips and Support for Switching Users to ArcGIS Pro
- Getting Started With Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online – Must Have Tips, Tricks, Support & FAQs