Did-U-Know… In ArcGIS Pro, a project can contain multiple maps, layouts, tables, tasks, tools, connections, and more, and these items are all stored in one project file.
With Pro, users can take advantage of some cool new functionality including: working with multiple layouts, faster tools, side-by-side 2D and 3D visualization, and much more. Think of more collaboration between users in your org!
This guide will walk you through the steps to login via your named org and then make the switch to Pro.
So, has you or your organization made the switch to “Pro” yet? ArcGIS Pro, which is part of ArcGIS Desktop, is the next step in the evolution of ArcGIS Technology from Esri. Users have access to ArcGIS Pro via the same organizational desktop license that they’ve always had. Pro is not really a new product, rather, it is new technology along with a new look and feel, new UI, and new capabilities.
Here’s 10 handy resources to help you make the switch to ArcGIS Pro:
- Installation Options (you may require help from an Admin)
- Tips for ArcMap users moving to Pro
- An introduction to Pro for ArcMap users – This guide answers general questions and will help get you started.
- ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials – intro to basic operations and more
- Esri Product manager Video – Intro to ArcGIS Pro
- From Tripp Corbin, Intro to ArcGIS Pro video webinar
- Understanding GIS: An ArcGIS Pro Project Workbook, Third Edition
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro teaches the the fundamentals of making 2D and 3D maps. From Esri, Getting started with ArcGIS Pro provides details of system requirements, how to access Pro and authorize your licenses.
- Video – Going Pro: ArcGIS Pro Essentials for ArcMap User, from Esri Training
- Request a free 21 day trialBONUS TIP… 10 Things I like about ArcGIS Pro, by Chris North
Note: for users of Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online, there are a number of Tools that can help you manage your ArcGIS Pro users. For example, in the Tools, Admin Tools -> Users Tools -> Add Entitlements is used to manage Pro access by your users as well as entitlements to extensions like Drone2Map etc… Users can also write a query for users and bulk update their access to Pro or any extensions for Pro.
Suggested Help Tools
Migrating or making the switch to Pro doesn’t need to be scary or intimidating. There are a number of resources to help you make the switch to Pro in your organization – A good place to start, once logged into your account is at My Esri
Understanding GIS: An ArcGIS Pro Project Workbook, Third Edition, is an excellent resource for anyone wanting to map like a pro with Pro and would be a fine addition to the office library! Complete the 9 lessons, one a week, and in a couple of month’s you’ll be a Pro.
We also maintain a pretty meaty Knowledge Base (KBase) for our users and clients. This resource is packed with tips, documents and resources to assist you with ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online related matters. Be sure to check it out at http://geo-jobe.com/kbase