More goodies from Redlands, this time Explorer is getting the attention. According to Esri, this recent release is for iOS and includes an improved experience when you tap on the map, the ability to see your groups of maps, improved control of map navigation, and more!
From the official documentation… “Explorer for ArcGIS 18.1.0 focuses on streamlining the work that you do in the app. Groups of maps are again available for you to find the maps you need. Once you open a map, the way in which you get information about your assets and the control you have over map navigation have been improved.”
Some of the new features and things you can accomplish with this release include:
- easier to find shared maps, and squashes bugs
- magnifier tool appears when you long press on the map
- groups added to the browsing experience
- See your groups of maps – find the maps that matter to you.
- Use an improved identify experience, including a magnifier and better performance
- Get various bug fixes and improvements
- Select a single feature (from a list of results or by tapping the map) and your map scale won’t change.
- Better control of the map! When you select a feature or search result, the app now makes sure that item is on-screen with minimal change to the map.
- Reload an online map to see changes to its included layers, symbology, and pop-ups.
- When using the app without signing in, an Internet connection is no longer required and your last open map opens when the app is relaunched.
- and much more!